11 Plus Mock Exam Providers in Northern Ireland
We have sourced some useful providers of the Transfer Test in Northern Ireland. Please feel free to click through and find out what they provide.
This includes information that covers all the Grammar Schools in Northern Ireland as all schools have the same exam set by GL Assessment
Doing a Northern Ireland Transfer Test mock exam at home with realistic papers- very cost effective
Most of the benefit of doing mock exams can be gained from running your own transfer test Mock. You can do this for next to nothing by following our free guide at the bottom of the page. Or use a mock pack designed to be delivered at home.
Learning Street provides very good Transfer Tests Mock packs for the Northern Ireland Transfer Test and they are the most reasonable we have found. Links to each of their downloadable mocks is below and they produce a bundle at a discount.
It’s well worth investing in some home based mocks before doing an expensive hall based mock or you can run them at home instead of doing a hall based mock.
Northern Ireland Transfer Test Mock Exam Providers
None available at this time. Please contact us with any information about Northern Ireland Transfer Test Mock Exam Providers.
Mocks are important but remember to do proper revision, not just papers.
Mocks help children get used to the pressures of the day. Beyond that many parents make the mistake of just doing papers in the final month or so. In fact, for best results children need to do a mix of revision work including both papers and learning enforcement activities. There are no books which do this but there are structured courses which can be really useful. The courses we suggest are :
These courses are really intensive so watch out! They have a great mix of both papers and learning enforcement so are ideal for the time running up to the exam. We suggest some families may find it more useful to tackle them over six weeks rather than the four weeks suggested.
Points to remember when thinking about the Transfer Test
- Prepare for the mock exam day in advance, treat it as if it were the real thing.
- Imagine you are going to the real thing so leave in plenty of time for the test.
- Remember that a great deal of the value the children get from mock exams is the experience of the day itself- the expectation, strange people, strange room, the stamina required and the exam conditions.
- While the result will be interesting it is what you do afterwards to improve further which is really important.
- Not all mock exams are the same, cost the same or provide the same reports so choose carefully.
- It’s often a good idea to do more than one mock exam to make sure nerves are less of an issue on the day itself.
Mock exams can be expensive but in our view they are well worth it.
Useful Transfer Test Mock Exams Information
Alternatively, if you want to get more information about doing your own Transfer Test Mocks at home, then visit our Mock Exams Plan page.
Use the menu to left, or visit our main Mock Exams page, to find links to the other 11 plus mock test areas. You will also find more transfer test information on our main page.
Other Transfer Test Advice
Doing transfer tests mock exams are just a small part of the necessary preparation for the exam. Visit the links below for further information advice to help your child best prepare for the transfer test Exam: